The town of Jupiter in Florida is a great place to visit. Nice beaches, sunshine, and a relaxing environment. This is why today we are taking a look at the airports near Jupiter, FL. This will help you plan your trip and select the best option for your travel needs. Let’s start with the table of airports available:
|Distance from Jupiter FL
|Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
|Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
|Vero Beach Regional Airport (VRB)
|Miami International Airport (MIA)
This comparison table lets you get a quick peek into the available choices. Those who are interested in the details of each airport should read on. We’ll take a closer look at these options to find the most convenient airport near Jupiter.
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
Overview of Palm Beach International Airport
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) is a public airport located in Palm Beach County, Florida. With over six million passengers annually, PBI serves as the gateway to Palm Beach County and offers a convenient and stress-free travel experience.
The airport has been recognized as one of South Florida’s favorite airports, known for its superb airline selection, local works of art, and extra touches that make the journey more enjoyable.
PBI has received numerous accolades, including being named the Best Airport in the U.S. in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2022 Readers’ Choice Awards and the Best Airport in Travel + Leisure Magazine’s 2022 World’s Best Awards.
Location and proximity to Jupiter, FL
Palm Beach International Airport is located just west of West Palm Beach, Florida, making it easily accessible for travelers from nearby areas such as Jupiter, FL. The airport is approximately 20 miles from Jupiter, offering a convenient option for those traveling to and from the area.
Airlines and destinations
PBI is serviced by a variety of airlines, providing a range of options for travelers. Some of the airlines operating at Palm Beach International Airport include:
- Air Canada
- Allegiant Airlines
- American Airlines
- Avelo Airlines
- Breeze Airways
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- Jetblue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines.
Overall, Palm Beach International Airport offers the most convenience for travelers. It’s close to Jupiter and it is served by almost all major cities within the nation. If you can find a nice ticket here then this should be your first pick.
However, you may want some more options so you can compare some ticket prices. So let’s see what alternative airports near Jupiter, FL we can find.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is a major public airport located in Broward County, Florida. It is one of the three airports serving the Miami metropolitan area.
The airport is situated 3 miles southwest of downtown Fort Lauderdale and 65 miles south of Jupiter, FL.
With over 700 daily flights to 135 domestic and international destinations, FLL has become an intercontinental gateway in recent years. It serves as a primary airport for the Fort Lauderdale and Miami areas, as well as a secondary airport for parts of Palm Beach and areas north of Boca Raton.
Overview of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- FLL is owned and operated by the Broward County Department of Aviation.
- The airport features three asphalt runways: Rwy 10L/28R, Rwy 10R/28L, and Rwy 14/32.
- It has a control tower and several terminals with a total of 66 gates.
- Concourse A has 5 hardstand gates, Concourse B accommodates 13 jetway gates, and Concourse C has 15 gates.
- The airport also serves as a base for Allegiant Air and Silver Airways.
Distance and transportation options to Jupiter, FL
- The driving distance from FLL to Jupiter, FL is approximately 65 miles.
- Traveling by car, the trip takes about 1 hour, depending on traffic conditions.
- Ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are available at FLL, offering convenient transportation options to Jupiter, FL.
- Public transportation, such as buses and shuttles, may also be available for travel to Jupiter, FL.
Airlines and international connections
- FLL has a wide range of domestic and international connections.
- Major airlines offer flights to various destinations across the United States, including New York, Atlanta, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
- Regional carriers like American Eagle and United Express also operate scheduled commercial flights to and from FLL.
- The airport has seasonal flights to international destinations such as Toronto, Montreal, and Nassau.
- FLL is a hub for IBC Airways and Silver Airways, providing additional connection options.
FLL is a nice alternative option. It’s still relatively close to Jupiter, FL and it offers another nice selection of available flights. You should compare ticket prices based on base price + transfer price. You may just find something cheaper than flying directly to PBI.
Vero Beach Regional Airport (VRB)
Vero Beach Regional Airport (VRB) is a public airport located one-mile northwest of Vero Beach in Indian River County, Florida.
It is a vibrant and forward-looking regional airport that serves both the aviation industry and the general public. The airport contributes to the local economy and plays a significant role in the community’s quality of life goals.
Distance and Transportation Options to Jupiter, FL
Jupiter, FL is located approximately 60 miles from Vero Beach Regional Airport. Traveling between the two locations can be done by various transportation options, such as:
- Car Rental: Renting a car is a popular choice for travelers who want the flexibility to explore the area at their own pace. Several car rental agencies operate at Vero Beach Regional Airport, offering a range of vehicles to suit different needs.
- Airport Shuttles: Shuttle services are available to transport passengers from the airport to their desired destination in Jupiter, FL. These services offer convenience and can be booked in advance or upon arrival at the airport.
- Taxi or Uber can be another great option.
Overall, Vero Beach Regional Airport provides convenient access to Jupiter, FL, and surrounding areas. However, as a small airport flight options are limited. This is a ‘vacation’ airport meaning you might just find some superb deals though.
Miami Airport (MIA)
Miami Airport, also known as Miami International Airport, is a busy airport located near Jupiter, FL. Despite its distance, it is always well-connected with various transportation options, making it a convenient choice for travelers. Here are some key points to consider about Miami Airport:
- Connectivity: Miami Airport has numerous domestic and international flights, connecting travelers to various destinations around the world.
- Convenience: The airport offers a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable travel experience, including lounges, restaurants, and shops.
- Cheap Flight Tickets: Miami Airport is known for offering competitive flight ticket prices, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious travelers.
- Transportation Options: The airport provides various transportation options to and from Jupiter, including shuttle services, taxis, and car rentals.
- Nearby Attractions: While in the area, travelers can explore the vibrant city of Miami or relax on the beautiful beaches of Miami Beach.
Miami Airport is already 90 miles from Jupiter, FL. This is a considerable distance, however, this airport is really well connected to the rest of the nation and the rest of the globe as well. Chances are, you’ll get some kind of direct flight to Miami.
If you don’t mind the transfer time and you can get some cheap tickets, or you can get a non-stop flight then definitely consider Miami. Otherwise, if you have options for non-stop flights to other airports near Jupiter, FL it might not be worth the extra distance.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Palm Beach International Airport is the closest airport to Jupiter, FL. It’s also the most convenient option when traveling to Jupiter.
Yes, you can find more airports near Jupiter, FL. These include Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Miami International Airport (MIA).
When it comes to passenger traffic, it’s the Miami International Airport that’s the busiest near Jupiter.