Today we are taking a look at the most convenient airports near Melbourne, FL. This will help you with your travel plans as you’ll be able to find the perfect airport for you. First, let’s start with a quick overview of the airports near town:
- Melbourne Orlando International Airport (MLB)
- The local airport and the first choice for many travelers
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Around 65 miles away
- The largest airport near Melbourne, FL
- Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB)
- Around 75 miles away
- Great Airpot for Low-Cost Airlines
We’ve put together the above list for our readers who are just here to get the quick facts. In the rest of the article, we’ll inspect each airport near Melbourne, FL to learn about the advantages of choosing one over another.
So, if you are flying to Melbourne we recommend reading on. If you have a choice of multiple airports then you get better chances of saving money on your flight.
Melbourne International Airport (MLB)
If you’re traveling to Melbourne, Florida, you’ll most likely fly into Melbourne International Airport (MLB). This airport is conveniently located just 3 miles from the center of Melbourne, making it the best choice for those visiting the area.
With a range of flight options and several destinations to choose from, MLB offers a convenient and hassle-free travel experience for both domestic and international travelers.
Flight options and destinations from MLB
Melbourne International Airport offers a variety of flight options and destinations to suit the needs of all travelers. Here are some key highlights:
- MLB offers twice-weekly nonstop service to Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) and Nashville International Airport (BNA).
- Travelers can choose from several daily nonstop flights to one of America’s largest hubs.
- Delta Airlines also provides several daily nonstop flights to its largest hub.
Melbourne International Airport is the local airport in Melbourne and is the primary choice for most travelers visiting the area.
Overall, Melbourne International Airport is usually the best choice when flying to Melbourne, FL. It’s the closest airport to town and it’s relatively well connected to the rest of the nation.
Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Location and Overview of Orlando International Airport
Orlando International Airport, also known as MCO, is a primary international airport located 6 miles southeast of Downtown Orlando, Florida.
With over 850 daily flights on 44 airlines, it serves as a major gateway for the mid-Florida region. Covering 11605 acres, it is one of the largest commercial airports in the United States.
Flight options and destinations from MCO
MCO offers a wide range of flight options to both domestic and international destinations. Some of the major airlines operating at MCO include Southwest, American Airlines, Delta, and United. The airport serves as a hub for American Airlines and a focus city for Southwest.
Here are some key features of MCO:
- Direct flights to over 135 domestic and international destinations
- Over 850 daily flights on 44 airlines
- Accessible from various cities throughout the world
- Land area of 11605 acres
If you’re looking for a secondary option near Melbourne, FL, Orlando International Airport (MCO) can be a viable choice. While it may require a transfer, this airport offers a wide variety of flights. You definitely have a nice chance of snatching up some cheap flight tickets by flying to MCO.
Of course, remember you will pay for the transfer as well. So you should get a better deal on flight + transfer and not just the flight itself.
Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB)
Finally, there’s the Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB). It’s among the smaller airports when it comes to commercial travel but it has some interesting flight options.
Airlines and Flight Routes
This airport is mainly used by Allegiant Air. They offer non-stop flights all over the nation. As Allegiant is an ultra-low-cost carrier you can be sure that there is usually a cheap flight to this airport.
The ability to travel non-stop from many major cities in the nation is definitely a plus as well.
Overall, we recommend Orlando Sanford International Airport for travelers that are looking for the ultimate cheap price. Allegiant is definitely among the cheapest airlines in the US and you’ve got a great chance of getting a nice price on your tickets here.
Just remember, once again you are looking at an additional transfer from the airport to Melbourne, FL. The distance is roughly 70 miles, which is not too bad. But it’s extra time and money.
When traveling to Melbourne, FL, or planning a trip from the city, it’s important to consider the airports nearby. Here is a summary of the airports near Melbourne and their benefits for travelers:
- Melbourne International Airport (MLB): This is the closest major airport to Melbourne and offers domestic flights. It is convenient for travelers looking to fly directly into the city and is only 3 miles away.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO): Located 65 miles from Melbourne, this airport offers both international and domestic flights. It is a larger airport with more flight options and services.
- Orlando Sanford Airport: Another option for travelers, this airport is located in Sanford, FL, approximately 75 miles from Melbourne. It offers both international and domestic flights, providing additional choices for travelers.
These airports provide various options for travelers flying to or from Melbourne, FL, allowing them to choose the best route and airport based on their needs and preferences.
The closest major airport to Melbourne is Melbourne International Airport (MLB), located just 3 miles away.
While Melbourne International Airport primarily offers domestic flights, Orlando International Airport (MCO), located 63 miles away, provides international flight options.
Besides Melbourne International Airport you have Orlando International Airport and Orlando Sanford Airport. These airports offer additional flight options for travelers.