Today we are checking out the best airports near Ojai, CA. This latest travel guide will help you untangle the many different choices that you have when you are traveling to Ojai.
Although Ojai does not have its own commercial airport there are multiple choices around. The town is located very close to Los Angeles after all. The close distance means you have a number of options when it comes to the airports nearby.
This is why we decided to put together this guide. We’ll take you through all the choices so you can decide what is best for your travel plans and you get an opportunity to save some money.
Comparison table of airports near Ojai, CA
First up is our usual comparison table. We do this for our readers who come here for the facts and not necessarily for the details. This is just a quick glance at the airports we’ll highlight in this article, but if you want the facts here they are:
|Distance from Ojai, CA
|Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA)
|Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR)
|s Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA)
Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA) is the nearest airport to Ojai, California, located approximately 7 miles west of downtown Santa Barbara. Here is an overview of the airport and the airlines and flight routes available.
Overview of Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- SBA covers 948 acres of land and has three runways.
- The airport was annexed to the city of Santa Barbara and is situated close to the Goleta Beach Park and the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- It is a Tri-County regional airport, serving Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Ventura counties.
- The airport has undergone a Terminal Improvement Project to enhance its facilities and customer experience.
- The terminal features environmentally sustainable elements and is LEED-registered.
Airlines and Flight Routes
- The airport is served by major airlines such as United Airlines, American Airlines, and Alaska Airlines.
- United Airlines provides nonstop service to San Francisco, Denver, and Chicago.
- American Airlines offers nonstop flights to Los Angeles, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Phoenix.
- Alaska Airlines provides nonstop service to Seattle and Portland.
The Santa Barbara Municipal Airport is our number-one choice when flying to Ojai, CA. If you get a non-stop flight to this airport then go for it. It’s simply the closest airport and it’s a good one. Less busy than most other airports in the area.
However, if you need more choices or want to compare ticket prices do continue reading on as we check out other airports near Ojai, CA.
Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR)
At just a short distance from Ojai, Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) is a convenient option for travelers looking to fly to and from the area. Here is an overview of the airport and the airlines that operate there.
Overview of Hollywood Burbank Airport
- Location: 2627 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505
- Owned by: Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena-Airport Authority
- Facilities: The airport offers a range of amenities including parking, car rental services, and public transportation options.
- Sustainability efforts: Hollywood Burbank Airport is committed to air emissions reduction and sustainability, working closely with authorities to meet clean air measures.
Airlines and Flight Routes
Hollywood Burbank Airport serves as a hub for several leading airlines, offering non-stop flights to a variety of exciting destinations across the country. Some of the airlines and flight routes available at the airport include:
- Southwest Airlines: Non-stop flights to Albuquerque, NM.
- American Airlines: Non-stop flights to Dallas (DFW), TX.
- JetBlue: Non-stop flights to New York (JFK), NY.
- Delta Air Lines: Non-stop flights to San Francisco, CA (starting December 14).
Hollywood Burbank Airport is a great alternative option among the airports near Ojai, CA. It offers some flexibility and it’s still pretty close to town.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Los Angeles International Airport, commonly known as LAX, is the largest and busiest international airport on the U.S. West Coast. Located in Los Angeles, California, LAX serves as a major international gateway to the United States and offers flights to various destinations around the world. Here is an overview of Los Angeles International Airport:
Airlines and Flight Routes
LAX is a hub for many major airlines and serves as a connection point for passengers traveling internationally. Some of the airlines that operate at LAX include American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and many more.
These airlines provide flights to destinations such as East and Southeast Asia, Mexico, and Central America. LAX is also the only airport in the United States to rank among the top five for both passenger and cargo traffic.
If you need a non-stop flight to Ojai then LAX is your best bet. There are flights to LAX from all over the nation and even further.
That being said, it’s also an extremely busy place. We avoid it whenever we can so it’s the last airport we are going to recommend today. Do check out the ticket prices but keep in mind the longer transfer distance.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
The closest major airport to Ojai, CA is Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA / KSBA).
Yes, LAX is a valid airport for Ojai, just keep in mind the transfer time from LAX to Ojai downtown.