Planning a trip to York, Pennsylvania? If you want to have the best flying experience you must know the airports near York, PA. This will help you pick the most convenient place for you to land. Here’s a quick rundown of the choices:
- Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) – 16.1 miles
- Lancaster Airport (Pennsylvania) (LNS) – 25.4 miles
- Baltimore–Washington International Airport (BWI) – 54.5 miles
- Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) – 90 miles
These airports provide convenient options for travelers looking to visit York and its surrounding areas. Whether you’re flying domestically or internationally, these airports offer a range of flights to meet your travel needs.
Harrisburg International Airport (MDT)
Overview of Harrisburg International Airport (MDT): Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) is the third largest airport in Pennsylvania and serves as the primary commercial airport in the region.
It is located in Middletown, Pennsylvania, just nine miles southeast of Harrisburg. The airport covers 680 acres of land and features a modern terminal building completed in 2004.
Harrisburg International Airport has been serving the south-central Pennsylvania region for over 100 years.
Airlines and Flight Routes
At Harrisburg International Airport, passengers can enjoy convenient flight options to various domestic and international destinations. The airport offers daily non-stop flights to seventeen cities and one-stop flights to destinations around the world. Some of the major airlines that operate at MDT include:
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- United Airlines
These airlines provide passengers with a wide range of flight options to popular destinations. Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, you’ll find convenient flight routes from Harrisburg International Airport.
|American Airlines||Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, Phoenix|
|Delta Air Lines||Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, New York|
|United Airlines||Chicago, Denver, Houston, Newark|
Overall, Harrisburg International Airport is your best choice among the airports near York. It’s the closes airport to town and it has plenty of flights from major US cities.
However, if you can’t find a ticket from your own city, or you want to compare some prices between nearby airports we’ve got a few good picks for you.
Lancaster Airport (Pennsylvania) (LNS)
When it comes to airports near York, PA, one of the major options is Lancaster Airport (Pennsylvania), also known as LNS. Here’s an overview of this airport:
- Location: Lancaster Airport is located approximately 25 miles from York, PA
- Airline: This airport has mainly domestic flights. It’s a small airport.
- Purpose: Lancaster Airport serves as a hub for travelers looking to fly to and from the Lancaster County area.
Airlines and Flight Routes
Currently, only one airline has routes to LNS. It’s Southern Airways Express and they operate two routes.
Southern Airways Express flies from Washington to LNS and from Pittsburgh to LNS. This limits flight options quite considerably but if you are in these two cities then you may just find the perfect ticket to York, PA.
This airport is still only 25 miles away from York which is even doable in a taxi. If you are in Washington or Pittsburgh then you should check out flight prices to LNS, otherwise, this airport is probably not a good option for you.
Baltimore–Washington International Airport (BWI)
If you are traveling to or from York, PA, one of the major airports you can consider is the Baltimore–Washington International Airport (BWI). Here’s an overview of this airport and its flight routes:
Overview of Baltimore–Washington International Airport (BWI)
BWI Airport is located approximately 54.5 miles (87.8 kilometers) southeast of York, PA. It is a major international airport serving the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. Here are some key details about BWI Airport:
- Location: The airport is situated 9 miles (14 km) south of Baltimore and 30 miles (48 km) northeast of Washington, D.C.
- Size: BWI covers 3,160 acres (1,280 hectares) of land.
- Terminals: The airport has a main terminal that has undergone renovations and expansions. It offers a range of amenities and services for passengers.
- Facilities: BWI Airport has various restaurants, shops, lounges, and other amenities to enhance the travel experience.
- Named after: The airport is named after Thurgood Marshall, a Baltimore native who was the first African American to serve as a Supreme Court Justice.
Airlines and Flight Routes
BWI Airport is served by numerous airlines, offering a wide range of domestic and international flight routes. Here are some airlines that operate at BWI Airport:
- Southwest Airlines: Southwest is the largest carrier at BWI Airport, providing numerous daily departures to various destinations in the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
- Other major airlines: American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, and Spirit Airlines also operate flights from BWI Airport, offering a range of domestic and international destinations.
When flying to or from York, PA, consider checking the flight options available at BWI Airport. It offers convenient access to a wide range of national and international destinations.
Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) is a convenient option for travelers in the Lehigh Valley area who are looking for a hassle-free flying experience closer to home.
This airport offers numerous nonstop destination options for both business and leisure travelers. With its easy parking, relaxing environment, clean facilities, and friendly staff, it’s no wonder why ABE is the preferred airport for many travelers in the region.
Here are some key features of Lehigh Valley International Airport:
- Parking options: ABE offers two convenient and affordable parking options – Short-Term Parking and Long-Term Parking. Both parking lots are located directly across from the terminal, making it convenient for travelers.
- Flight booking and status: You can easily check the status of a flight, connect with your airline, and book a flight through the airport’s website. These online tools help you stay updated and plan your trip efficiently.
- Travel tips and information: The airport’s website provides valuable information on finding the best value on your flight, packing tips to avoid delays or extra charges, preparing for security, and what the TSA requires of air travelers today.
- Services and amenities: ABE offers a range of services, from onsite events to advertising opportunities. The airport aims to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all travelers.
Overall, ABE is a nice airport to consider with multiple airlines flying low-cost routes to this airport. However, it’s already quite far away from York, PA so you have to keep in mind the transfer costs and time after you landed.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
To reach Harrisburg International Airport (MDT), you can take the following routes: Interstates 83 and 283, Pennsylvania Turnpike, State Route 230, Capital Beltway
If you are looking for the most convenient travel experience then you should purchase your flight ticket to Harrisburg International Airport (MDT). It’s the closest airport to York, PA.