Travelling can be a stressful event and airplane travel is on the top of the list when it comes to stress factor. To avoid starting your fun and exciting journey tired due to stress, take these few tips into consideration next time you fly.
The Day before your flight
- Pack your bags in advance. Remember that packing your bags will always take more time than expected! There will be things you can’t find, clothes that don’t fit in your bags. If you do this on the morning of your flight, you might find yourself in a situation where you need to hurry and forget to pack something! Save yourself time, and peace of mind. Pack your bags.
- Have all your travel paperwork ready and organized. This includes online check-in passes. If online check-in is available make sure you are checked in and have your boarding pass.
- Write a small checklist for travel day morning to make sure nothing is left home
- Try to sleep early. If you are well-rested, you won’t stress as hard.
- Put your phone on the charger before you head to bed. You will want a full charge, especially if you will keep your boarding pass on your phone.
The Day of the flight
- Leave home on time! Whenever you fly, always expect traffic accidents, slow drivers and traffic jams on your way. This way you will have enough time even if any of these happen to still catch your plane. Even if nothing happens, you will at least have some time to window-shop and decompress some stress before your flight.
- Verify your carry on bag. Every airline will have information about their carry-on policy on their own site. If your carry-on bag does not meet requirements, you will be asked to check it in for a hefty price.
- If you have any bags to check-in prepare for a queue. Especially busy times of the day you can be in a queue for some time. Along with your security queue, this will add up! Make sure you arrive ahead of schedule to the airport.
- Keep an eye out on the departures board to know which gate your plane departs from. If you are at a big airport it is useful to find your gate first before you venture off to the duty-free.
- Have your documents ready for inspection upon boarding. Don’t be the person who holds up the line because they suddenly can’t find their passport.
+1 Check our COVID Travel Tips